Sr. (Level 3) Systems/Software Engineer (Automotive C++)
- Job Title
- Sr. (Level 3) Systems/Software Engineer (Automotive C++)
- Job ID
- Plano, TX 75075
- Other Location
Title: Sr. (Level 3) Systems/Software Engineer (Automotive C++)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
POSITION SUMMARY / PURPOSE
This position will be primarily responsible for planning and development of advanced automotive electronics systems including various aspects of telematics, safety, security, infotainment, and convenience. This position will work on creation of proof of concept and thorough analysis of advanced automotive electronics systems in the market.
This position will be interfacing with: Design, Telematics, Internal OEM program teams, Sales, Marketing and various departments within company, and partner suppliers. Software/Electrical engineering and validation will also be part of the job.
KEY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Common tasks will include research, evaluation, defining specifications/ requirements and developing proof of concepts and performing analysis on projects and/or programs. The ideal candidate would have strong in vehicle infotainment and telecommunication engineering experience along with some hardware and design experience.
- To serve as a primary system engineer for conceptual, prototyping, and proposal work as part of creative R&D activities.
- Research and identify differentiating development items that contribute to prospective proposal activities.
- Create requirement documents defining scope of development items.
- Coordinate with partners and internal departments regarding the design concept, specifications, and validation of advanced automotive electronics prototypes.
- Understand development schedule, customer requirements, and deliverables to anticipate and plan corresponding actions.
- Create and maintain project timeline for task management as required.
- Recommend, design and implementation of functions, features, software/electronic interface, and applications in conjunction with various technologies and needs.
- Participate in preliminary product development activities in identifying feature and system requirements.
- Work with suppliers and partner engineers for system recommendation, device selection, programming, and system integration.
- Validates that code meets system requirements and performance targets.
- Develop and maintain open issue list for meetings with customer, partner suppliers, and internal product development teams.
- Prepare meeting minutes for all engineering meetings.
- Proactively monitor and track work progress of partner suppliers and internal teams periodically and conduct design reviews to identify troubles and reflection at early stage for prevention of delivery delay and quality issues.
- Create and maintain system validation plan in cooperation with partner suppliers and internal teams.
- Perform system tests in accordance with validation plan.
- Report test status as required.
- Support customer presentations and implementation of prototype production with OEM teams as needed.
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements (local, State, Federal) for distracted driving, telematics, hands-free communications, VII, DSRC and other infotainment applications. Includes FMVSS and CMVSS regulations and pending changes.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products in the field of automotive infotainment, connected services, ADAS, and consumer electronics multimedia technology, and publish research reports periodically.
- Works with local and overseas engineering, Information Technology, Telematics Service Providers and other related partners.
- Work with various levels of management, including top management and communicates with cross-functional leaders as required.
- Experience with vehicle product development process (concept to launch).
- Report to management on project progress and concerns.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must have excellent written communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Ability to prepare and perform technical presentations to OEMs.
Math: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Experience in hardware/software product development cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance) of automotive electronics systems along with automotive grade system requirements.
- Experience in overall development cycle of automotive electronics systems for major automotive OEMs, and understanding of all basic deliverables and documentations required.
- Hands on experience in various programming languages and software development tools such as C, C++, JAVA, Objective C, etc.
- Hands on technical expertise in major RTOS/Kernel, IDEs, Debug/Test tools, Version Control, and Microprocessor/Micro Controller utilized in development of automotive electronic components.
- Strong background in defining specification, architecture, design of electronics, HMI and PCB assemblies and hardware.
- Experience in managing suppliers along with internal departments through the specification of requirements, development, planning and execution of full validation models.
- Lead design reviews and product reviews.
- Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and negotiate and execute contingency plans.
- Willing to support and work on various issues as needed such as mechanical, electrical, and software issues to make sure on-time deliveries and quality customer support.
- Willing to work with cross-cultural teams.
- Proficiency with MS software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc)
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Hands on experience with development of applications for embedded automotive infotainment OS such as Windows, Linux, QNX
- Experience with wireless communications protocols: LTE, CDMA, GSM, SMS, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Knowledge of vehicle BUS network communication and electrical requirements (CAN, LIN, MOST, etc.)
- Experience with software architecture and application development in smartphone industry.
- Strong understanding of fundamental information systems structure, protocols and terminologies.
- Understanding of basic internet protocols and technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge related to mechanical engineering such as unit packaging, mechanical component interface, manufacturing processes, etc.
- Experience with developing, completing and evaluating FMEA’s and DV/PV plans.
- Computer literacy with CATIA, circuitry software such as CR5000.
- Strong interests in consumer electronics, web based services, network services, and related technology trend.
Exceeding Customer Expectations-Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous to the customer and considers the needs of the customer when making decisions. Has sufficient knowledge of products and services and helps customers enthusiastically; communicates well with customers and follows up as necessary; is always professional and represents the organization positively.
Communicating Effectively-Shares useful information with the team. Provides insight and offers knowledge and experience. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message. Changes interpersonal style and approach based on circumstance or audience; works hard with all kinds of people and workgroups; does not judge others.
Delivering High Quality Work-Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet all requirements and expectations. Finishes tasks promptly and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy.
Results Orientation-Can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals. Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked.
Accountability-Follows through on commitments; lets others know his/her true intentions. Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
Building Fostering Teamwork-Is an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making and shows empathy and respect for others. Builds and maintains good working relationships.
Continuous Improvement-Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence. Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality and efficiency of work processes.
Displaying Technical Expertise-Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
Critical Thinking-Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations.
Profession Specific Competencies-Technical
Prioritizing and Organizing Work-Allocates time and attention based on what is the most important to achieve key goals and objectives; approaches work in an organized and systematic manner; effectively manages tasks, information, and requests.
Solving Complex Problems-Breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable components; identifies key factors that influence the viability of different solutions; clarifies information needed to solve problems.
Testing & Troubleshooting-Consistently performs routine maintenance and inspections to ensure machines, processes, or tools are functioning as expected; thoroughly follows test and maintenance procedures to resolve operating malfunctions.