Senior Performance Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Performance Engineer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Senior Performance Engineer
Conexess Group is aiding a local client in their search for a Senior Performance Engineer. This is a long term, ongoing contract with extensions already in place due to the importance of the project. Ideal candidates will possess extensive experience building and supporting systems in physical and/or cloud based locations. Strong knowledge of Akamai Edge Cache Management and application performance management tools like Dynatrace, App Dynamic, and New Relic is highly preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in building & supporting a highly available system in physical or cloud based hosting locations like AWS, Azure is plus.
• 3+ years of development experience in at least one of these technologies such as IBM's WebSphere Commerce Suite, enterprise Java technologies is preferred.
• Experience with distributed caching, CDN caching strategies is a plus.
• Experience in application and infrastructure security tools (e.g. white hat) is a plus.
• Experience using log management tools such as Splunk , ELK is a strong plus.
• Experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, App Dynamic and New Relic is preferred.
• Experience with container technologies is preferred.
• Experience with build, release and deployment processes is a plus.
• Retail experience is preferred.
• Developer certification in WebSphere Commerce is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of WebSphere Commerce v7.x/v9.x application development.
• Strong knowledge of profiling tools, memory management, load testing and performance tuning.
• Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks.
• Strong knowledge of load testing and system profiling using Dynatrace/App Dynamic is preferred.
• Strong knowledge in Front End performance analysis and optimizations for web applications.
• Strong knowledge of website tag management is preferred.
• Strong ability to create load test work mix based on analytics data is preferred.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Support the Development team with tools, services & information to enhance system stability, scalability and reliability.
• Implement world-class monitoring, alerting, and self-healing capabilities by applying industry best practices.
• Lead RCA efforts with an eye towards actionable outcomes and continuous learning.
• Diagnose & resolve issue across applications including cross application dependencies.
• Develop and support CI/CD processes for applications and services.
• Partners with the business analysts to review and refine business requirements into core system capabilities.
• Develops and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions.
• Works with Enterprise teams to ensure changes are properly documented, communicated, audited, and deployed in compliance with established procedures. Title: Senior Performance Engineer