Senior Devops Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Devops Engineer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Senior DevOps Engineer (CI/CD)
Conexess Group is aiding a local client in their search for a Senior Devops Engineer. Candidates interested in this role must have extensive experience in Devops, including software development, build engineering, automated software practices, and release management skills. The focus of this team involves Websphere Commerce version 9, OpenShift Container, CI/CD, and Azure. The hiring manager would like to interview qualified candidates as soon as possible.
• 6-9 years of experience in DevOps, build engineering, release management, automated software deployment practices, or software development.
• Experience as a Build and Release Manager/Engineer for an organization with large and complex information systems is preferred
• Experience with design and configuration of continuous integration build system through collaboration with IT Development and Middleware teams is preferred
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes & Redhat OCP is a plus.
• Experience with containerization, build, deployment and management of containers
• Experience with WebSphere Commerce Build & Deployment automation. WebSphere Commerce 9 Experience is a plus.
• Experience with IBM Sterling Order Management Build & Deployment automation is plus
• Experience with Cloud based Application Management & Deployment preferred Azure
• Experience with build automation, orchestration and dependency management tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Gitlab.
• Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team
• Strong ability to work independently, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches to most solutions.
• Architects, maintains, and streamlines automated build and release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing, to deploying releases to multiple environments.
• Maintains source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
• Facilitates and champions the quick resolution of problems found during the daily build and
• Creates and maintains documentation of the build/release process
• Works closely with the development teams to integrate new deployment processes and strategies
• Leads initiatives to improve the build and deployment process. Makes recommendations to improve quality, reporting, and reduce deployment time.
• Assists in the managing and maintaining of test environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
• Analyzes new projects and initiatives and assesses environment readiness to support their collective development. Recommends necessary changes to the environments.
• Coordinates release activities with other teams (internal and external), partnering with the Change Management group to ensure a smooth and trouble-free roll out of releases.