Lead Solr Developer
- Job Title
- Lead Solr Developer
- Job ID
- Brentwood, TN 37027
- Other Location
Lead Solr Developer
Conexess Group is aiding a local Fortune 500 client in their search for a Lead Solr Developer. Candidates interested in this role must have 2-3 years of search technology experience such as Solr, Elastic Search, or Endeca (Solr is preferred). This is originally slated as a 6 month contract with extensions and candidates can interview immediately. Ideal candidates will also possess several years of experience developing web services.
- Architect, design and develop solutions within a multi-functional Agile team to support key business needs for the platform search application
- Design, implement and test front-end solutions for the eCommerce website.
- Design, implement and test web service applications leveraging the backend Solr within the search application architecture
- Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
- Apply software engineering best practices while also leveraging automation across all elements of solution delivery
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders. Must be able to document and demonstrate technical solutions by developing documentation, diagrams, code comments, etc.
- 8+ years of significant experience developing web services and/or web software development
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in working in search technologies: Solr, Elastic Search or Endeca. Solr Preferred
- Extensive knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Experience in Solr Learning To Rank (LTR)
- Nice to have experience in application development using WebSphere Commerce/ATG/Hybris
- Experience working with large ecommerce websites.
- Proficient with Agile software development lifecycle methodologies including a good understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience of Retail domain will be an added advantage