- Job Title
- QA Engineer
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a Cloud Communications platform that provides voice and collaboration services for businesses. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, and advanced WebRTC technologies to transform how people communicate within and between enterprises. We want to do for enterprise communication what What’s App and Facebook Messenger has done for consumer communication – with the security, control and agility needed by Fortune 500 companies.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs, who are also highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, ICAP and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes and Waters Technology. Our award winning technology was also named the 2016 & 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology, recognized in the top 10 innovative solutions by the Futures and Options Industry Association, and ranked among Red Herring’s Top 100 Technology Companies in North America.
Many of our customers are in the financial markets, where traders use the Cloud9 service to engage with their trading partners. Today we operate across 32 countries and we’re adding more users every month.
Industry feedback for Cloud9 has been overwhelmingly positive, we’ve won awards from recognized industry organizations and praise from our customers at industry leading financial institutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for ensuring our products meet the highest standards of quality across all platforms. You will design test procedures as well as author test plans and test cases to test Web application developed with angular, PHP and integrated with Rest API’s and client server application built with C#, node.js and WebRTC communication protocols. This role requires someone who enjoys manual testing, has some hands-on testing experience, and can deliver quality results. This is a fast-paced environment that seeks creative perfectionists with a passion for quality work.
- Gather requirements, build detailed test cases and test plan to support complete coverage.
- Draft quality assurance plans, policies, procedures and implement best quality standards/practice.
- Test Web application developed with angular, PHP & integrated with WebRTC based application.
- Test backend platform and API Rest calls using postman, java script and UNIX command line.
- Document and update test cases in Zyphr and report bugs using Jira.
- Ability to use source controls tools including svn, git and bit bucket.
- Ability to identify the bug details using third party tools including developer debug tools.
- Complete hands-on testing for functional, integration, regression, acceptance, and usability testing.
- Understanding of testing environments and software development life cycle
- Responsible to maintain and upgrade test cases as new features are built.
- Work in agile environment, delivering quality product every sprint.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues.
- Support post production release checks and ensure final product quality.
- Understanding of defect life cycle
- Maintain industry and company’s compliance and security policies.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Have knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Have done projects involving basic programming languages.
- Highly desirable: candidate with experience programming in Python
- Highly desirable: candidate with experience testing against a relational database.
- Highly desirable: candidate with experience using Git.
- Manual testing experience.
- Strong attention to detail.