- Job Title
- Technical Writer
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- We are looking for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for:
- Actively maintaining existing client-facing documentation
- Developing release notes and other client/internal documentation for system changes
- Building and managing a library of fine-grained technical documents
- Generating ad-hoc reporting and requests from auditors, customers and internal departments.
- Working closely with Sales in the RFI/RFP process
- Assisting in production of material for client and prospect communications
- Administrating our Product Information Library and portals and helping to keep its content updated and useful.
- Standardize diagrams, formatting & terminology holistically across our technical documentation and presentation library.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
- Impeccable written English and communication skills
- Established track record of organizing and delivering excellent documentation
- 5+ years’ experience in a setting involving highly technical content
- Experience with Trading and/or communication and UCC systems
- Ideally, a familiarity of, or at least a willingness to learn, Confluence, JIRA, SharePoint
- Familiarity with an OO programming languages, voice technologies and SaaS platform technologies is a big plus.
The candidate will be asked to submit writing samples illustrating hypothetical documentation and client communication.