- Job Title
- Cloud Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Provides technical expertise in the development and implementation of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) technology solutions including; platforms, operating systems, and infrastructure tools across the enterprise. Develops and implements standards in order to provide an enterprise level of support. Serves as a technical expert to junior level engineers. Partners with infrastructure teams to provide the business with the best possible solutions. Keeps up to date on technology trends.
The Public Cloud Automation Architect is responsible for architecting public cloud platforms and automating infrastructure tasks -- focused around configuration management, platform automation, server deployments, and operational tasks.
- Implements infrastructure technology requested by business units.
- Engineers technology solutions supporting the infrastructure environments.
- Documents and publishes standards for infrastructure technology.
- Prioritizes, defines, assigns, validates, and closes routine system requests.
- Reviews metrics for quality control.
- Provides technical expertise and advice to programmers and other departments.
- Creates and manages Automated Infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related science or relevant experience
- 10+ Years Red Hat Linux and/or Windows engineering experience.
- Very strong experience in general IaaS architecture, delivery, and operations.
- Strong DevOps/ CI/CD process engineering including use of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, GIT, and Bitbucket.
- Strong experience with Ansible (or related technology). Python and/or, Shell Scripting experience.
- Experience working on projects using Agile methodology, including Agile tools such as Jira (or related tool)
- Proficiency with NFS/SAN, DNS and operating in a VMware based infrastructure.
- Engineering enterprise grade solutions for hardware and operating systems.
- F5 LTM/GTM familiarity as well as general application delivery and routing concepts.
- Experience in the financial industry a plus
- RedHat Cloudforms experience a plus.
- Oracle, MYSQL, Java, Tomcat, Weblogic, NodeJS, Apache, NGinX a plus
- Splunk experience a plus
- RedHat OpenShift and associated technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, HA Proxy, EFK stack, etc) a plus.