City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Medical Insurance Referral Specialist
- Job Title
- Medical Insurance Referral Specialist
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
The Medical Insurance Referral Specialist works as part of the medical office team performing administrative Duties include: gathering patient information, faxing and mailing information to consulting facilities, and notifying patients of their appointments.
Responsibilities of the Medical Insurance Referral Specialist:
· Ensure patient confidentiality and familiarization of HIPAA laws.
· Process patient information and chart notes for referrals to other Health Care facilities.
· Contacting insurance companies for prior authorization for referrals.
· Tracking the process of the referrals and completion of the referrals.
· Working with other facilities on arranging appointments for patients.
· Faxing and/or mailing patient information to other facilities.
· Updating referring provider on status of referral i.e. delay, insurance problems etc.
· Updating patient on status of referral i.e. appointments, delay, insurance problems etc.
· Be cooperative and supportive with all other staff.
Qualifications of the Medical Insurance Referral Specialist:
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Previous experience in a health care setting and knowledge of medical referrals is required
· Basic familiarity with routinemedical protocol and terminology.
· Skills in communication and an affable attitude in order to accept directions, accept constructive criticism and work with personnel and patients.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
Walk-ins Are Welcome!
If you have experience in Admin, Finance, Customer Service, Legal Admin, Medical Admin, Please bring your resume and speak with a Recruiter today! 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 480 Broadway, Providence, RI
- Required Skills