Warehouse Lead Architect
- Job Title
- Warehouse Lead Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
- Logical and Physical Data model design (using Erwin) working collaboratively with Enterprise Data Architects.
- Design, model, organize, and execute technical data constructs within Data Warehouse space.
- Lead activities related to maintaining metadata, integration of data, and data governance.
- Coordinate, support and troubleshoot Data Warehouse Infrastructure including activities such as environment buildout, database sizing, and capacity planning
- Develop and maintain data quality checks framework
- Contribute and support ETL architecture and standards
- Develop Performance test plan and tuning of the data components.
- Define security, backup procedures, and recovery specifications
- Provide support throughout the project cycle to ensure development of efficient data systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies (i.e. design reviews, architect reviews).
- Promote adherence to design standards and methodologies.
- Mentor team members on database best practices.
- 10+ years overall IT experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience in database technologies, data design and performance optimization for large OLAP applications
- Excellent SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Experience in data modeling (logical and physical), data management, metadata and reference data management
- Experience with ODS data architecture and staging strategy
- Experience with Entity Relationship Modeling tools (ERWin modeling software preferred)
- Strong knowledge on ETL architecture and development standards
- Experience in performing data mapping lineage (knowledge of Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench preferred)
- Owns the authoring and coordination to deliver key data specific documentation including the AFDW data dictionary
- Ability to work in a large, complex business and technical environment
- Provide input to planning activities to estimate effort to complete sprint planning and execution tasks/activities
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Fast starter, effectively delivers with limited supervision
- Must have excellent communication skills written as well as verbal; must be able to articulate the value proposition of Warehouse solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the business and technical teams
- Finance or Automotive Industry experience
- Experience in Agile / SCRUM (with sprints) methodologies
- Experience with Version One and Blue Print requirement management tools as well as HP Quality Center testing tool
- Experience with ETL tools preferably Datastage
- Experience with Data Vault modeling techniques