City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Job Title
- Medical Biller
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
We are looking for a Medical Biller to play a vital role for one of our busy medical practice clients based here in the Providence area. If you have previous experience with EMR and ICD 10, and are looking for a new opportunity to work for a great company, apply today!
Duties of the Medical Biller:
- Call insurance companies for status on outstanding claims.
- Process and follow up on appeals to insurance companies.
- Phone patients for payment or payment arrangements on outstanding balances.
- Print and re-file claims as needed.
- Answer incoming patient, insurance company and physician office telephone calls.
- Research/audit patient accounts for further payment or adjustments
- Post all payment correctly and accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality.
Requirements of the Medical Biller:
Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment medical office
Excellent organizational, prioritization, and leadership skills
Demonstrated PC skills, i.e. proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Knowledge of insurance and payment posting practices
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
Walk-ins Are Welcome!
If you have experience in Admin, Finance, Customer Service, Legal Admin, Medical Admin, Please bring your resume and speak with a Recruiter today! 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 480 Broadway, Providence, RI
- Required Skills