Technical Project Manager
- Job Title
- Technical Project Manager
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
We are seeking an engineering project manager to help improve existing processes and define new ones as we grow our company and product portfolio. Our ideal candidate must be innovative and flexible, willing to work within a dynamic environment where priorities can and will shift quickly.
We are an agile shop and the project manager is expected to facilitate planning and scoping exercises with product and engineering managers, attend daily scrums and other Agile ceremonies, and proactively help to unblock team members from making progress.
Communication is key! The project manager must communicate project status to teams, internal and external, via a variety of methods: paper, slack, email, phone, message in bottle. If we can be communicating better the project manager is expected to show us how!
Speak BGP, Python, Linux, or network mumbo jumbo? Excellent! We have technical environment — be prepared to learn how the internet really works. The project manager will know how our products works and how current tasks fit into the larger picture, technically and strategically.
Estimate much? Did we miss a deadline? Are we too distracted? The project manager will know exactly where we were, are, and plan to go. While guiding the team through our release cycle, you'll challenge the team to focus on delivering a minimum viable product on time and within budget. Road blocks will be identified and removed, while seeking to identify where improvements or changes can be made.
- Hold a deep understanding of project details, dependencies, timelines, and use cases
- Communicate project progress, obstacles, and project risks to leadership
- Proactively lead and support development teams to refine their processes to become highly effective teams
- Collaborate with team leads to create, maintain, and organize backlogs
- Balance competing priorities and demands from our customers, sales, technical operations, and R&D
- Facilitate inter-team communication: between dev teams, between dev, and devops/sales, and between product management and engineering
- Help teams maintain task tracking software and physical status boards
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in software
- Familiarity with Jira or a similar project management tool
- Management experience with agile methodologies
- Exceptional time management and analytical skills
- Ability to lead multiple project teams simultaneously and see them through to completion
- The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
- A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
- A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight
- Opportunity to learn about other cutting-edge technologies and engage in collaboration with diverse set of colleagues all over the world