Sr. Systems/Network Administrator (AIX and Windows) - Contract to Hire
- Job Title
- Sr. Systems/Network Administrator (AIX and Windows) - Contract to Hire
- Job ID
- San Diego, CA 92120
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Systems/Network Administrator (AIX and Windows) (1 day/week remote)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking an experienced and dynamic Sr. Systems/Network Administrator.
As a Systems/Network Administrator, you will help users and systems ranging from Windows PC and servers to IBM Power AIX systems. This self-motivated person will be able to develop strong relationships with their team members and have great customer service skills. Must be able to learn how to configure a wide variety of offerings and have strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong documentation skills and have a high attention to detail. Primary responsibilities will include working cases to build new systems; configuring features; user management; setup of peripherals; and supporting our development and QA environments.
The current team size is 3 people, one of those being a Sr. level teammate. We will consider remote 1-day a week after some ramp up time. In this role you will be providing system administration on AIX and Windows platforms, Virtualization systems (VMware and Citrix). You will be working out of an adhoc request queue and provide great customer service. You will also be advancing automation for some of our deliverables.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in system administration.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with administration of Windows, Citrix, and IBM AIX platforms.
- Knowledge of network systems including LAN and WAN networks.
- Experience with maintaining lab environments.
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems, such as LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks.
- Proficient in defining and writing scripts to help advance the automation of System Administration tasks
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May manage data access and data permissions.
- Assists in managing user accounts.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.