Product Development & Design Engineer - Compressors
- Job Title
- Product Development & Design Engineer - Compressors
- Job ID
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Product Development & Design Engineer - Compressors
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The candidate will be working in the Global Core Compressor group designing and developing new advanced compressors and technologies.
- Designing and testing new mechanical / electrical automotive A/C compressors and sub-components.
- Interface with the suppliers as required.
- Provide direction to suppliers as required.
- Interpret customer engineering specifications.
- Set-up and run development test. Interpret test results and develop corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain Bills of Materials.
- Release and sign-off of drawings as required.
Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical Engineering is required
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Modeling and FEA
- Compressor Background experience
- Core Engineering
- Background in, Component design, Solid Mechanics, Dynamic Systems, Kinematics, Heat Transfer, and Thermodynamic
- Experience working with suppliers and customers.
- Evidence of an ability to work effectively as a member of a global cross functional / cross discipline team.
- Technical communication skills.
- Prior exposure to drafting/drawing/CAD tools.
- Experience with CAE tools (FEA, Adams, ProMech, or equivalent)
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Ability to work with limited guidance/supervision
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.