- Job Title
- Citrix Engineer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37221
- Other Location
The role of Citrix Engineer will be to perform technical duties to include planning, implementation managing and troubleshooting, a Citrix/Microsoft Environment. Tasks may also include design,
deployment, installation of new software, system upgrades, patch installation, backups, software/hardware problem resolution and various ad hoc requests.
- Ability to analyze and solve both common and advanced IT problems through troubleshooting and innovative thinking. Knowledge of tools for troubleshooting and monitoring platform performance. Ability to troubleshoot applications by capturing and analyzing events with specific tools.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management and outside customers.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Ensure configuration, change and event management processes, procedures and controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Authoring and updating infrastructure, support and procedures documentation.
- Contribute to the testing and introduction of new software and hardware into the Citrix and Infrastructure environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and work effectively between numerous teams for the purposes of fixing complex issues, reporting problems to project leaders, dealing with business or senior managers or invoking vendor support arrangements.
- Have a keen eye for detail and will offer deep technical insight into vendor optimizations and best practices around performance enhancements, security, monitoring and other features to enhance the environment.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Perform periodic Citrix/system performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for incident resolution and root cause analysis. Work with infrastructure team, application team and DBA team to ensure solid designs and solutions to maintain secure and highly available systems.
- Citrix XenApp 7.15, MCS 7.15, Windows Server 2016, infrastructure troubleshooting, build and delivery experience a must.
- Maintain and manage Citrix infrastructure including Controllers, MCS, StoreFront, NetScaler, License servers, etc.
- Must have experience in the upgrade and migration of XenApp applications and servers in a complex environment.
- Maintain and manage Citrix related Active Directory environment focusing on GPO driven policies, and user/group management, and potentially cross-domain functionality.
- Minimum 4+ years' experience supporting a large (100+ Server) Citrix Environment, regular exposure to complex root cause analysis based on multi-user application issues.
- Knowledge of SolarWinds, vCenter 6.x, EMC VMAX Storage, and ServiceNow is highly desirable.