- Job Title
- Electrical Technician
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for an Electrical Technician with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Assemble aerospace grade harness per technical specifications.
- Perform testing of precision electronic devices per part specific specification documentation and test procedure.
- Follow detailed written instructions to perform minor mechanical or electronic adjustment to equipment being tested, disassemble equipment, and reassemble it.
- Soldering of SMT components under a microscope.
- Perform SMT component soldering on printed circuit boards.
- Able to collect, document and report on tests performed.
- Perform testing using DMM, oscilloscope, frequency generators, high frequency power supplies, spectrum analyzer.
- Willingness to maintain and expand current knowledge of relevant technology.
- Read and interpret test requirements.
- Use and knowledge of ESD precautions.
- Work within established safety and quality standards.
- Must have previous electronic assembly & manufacturing / production experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experiences in building test equipment and/or maintenance of equipment.
- Previous knowledge of or experience in the high technology electronics field.
- Experience in testing equipment i.e. frequency generator, spectrum analyzer and oscilloscope.
- Demonstrated computer skills to include MS Word and Excel
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Able to read and understand manufacturing drawings and documents.
- Excellent SMT soldering skills, all size components.
- Familiar with lab safety requirements.
- Must be able to work with small parts.
- Must be able to perform basic repetitive technical tasks.
- Must be capable of performing work under a microscope.
- Must be able to work independently in a self-directed environment.
- Must have good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Candidate must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment and communicate effectively with Supervisor and all team members.
- Must have strong work ethic and attention to work detail.
High School diploma or equivalent with Associates or Vocational degree in electronics.
2 or more years’ experience as an electronics/test technician.
Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the Click Here
- Required Skills
Must be passionate about space