Bilingual Spanish Legal Assistant
- Job Title
- Bilingual Spanish Legal Assistant
- Job ID
- Lake Success, NY 11042
- Other Location
A New Hyde Park law firm seeks an experienced legal assistant for their growing practice. This position is responsible for the screening and coordination of all NEW CLIENT calls.
- Experience working in a plaintiff's personal injury law firm is a MUST
- Bilingual Spanish is a MUST
- Coordinate, assign and schedule NEW CLIENT intakes
- Draft routine legal documents for review and use by attorneys and paralegals
- Knows the flow of a personal injury case
- Answer phones
- Prepare documents and responses to discovery requests
- Assist with personal injury files
- Obtain medical records, reports and bills as needed
- Conduct investigations and interviews with clients
- Client communication
- Compassionate and good listener
- Able to multi-task
- Self starter who is accustomed to constant interruptions (phones, walk-ins, attorney & paralegal requests, mail, etc...) and can stay on task
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including firm leadership, management and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the details of a case within a much larger context and demonstrates good judgment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, work independently, and take initiative.
- Must be team-oriented and collaborative.
- Must have the knowledge, background and confidence to think beyond what is asked and challenge (when appropriate) the next steps being proposed.
- Must exhibit high energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude; articulate and confident.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Minimum 3 year experience in personal injury law firm client service.
· Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
· Strong project management skills, data entry and reporting.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Familiarity with Word, Excel, and scheduling in Outlook.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED