Careers at Resourcing Edge
Empowering companies to focus on success.
Work for Resourcing Edge
We offer an optimistic, high-energy atmosphere of learning and growth. We are personified by associates who are dedicated to:
Connectedness – Engagement with clients and co-workers
Accountability – Delivering results, owning outcomes, working with a sense of urgency
Generosity – Willingness to share time, talents, and resources
Wellness – Pursuit of full potential – physical, intellectual, emotional and financial
Administrative Medical Assistant
- Job Title
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Columbus, OH
- Other Location
Administrative Medical Assistants work for specific physicians on teams of two or three to coordinate all patient care. Expect to spend 60-70% of the time on administrative duties and 30-40% on clinical duties. Responsible for coordinating physician schedules and facilitating patient flow.
This is a well-established, busy practice. Physicians are demanding with heavy patient volume. You must be able to maintain a fast pace, interact professionally with different personalities, and multi-task. This position requires the ability to stop and start a task, prioritize workload and always put the patient first.
· Educate patients and answer questions regarding treatment plan including answering and returning phone calls in a timely fashion
· Assist patients during appointments including accompanying to exam room, dressing changes, taking vitals and patient history, and retrieving images
· Prepare for procedures such as suture removal, injections or removal of casts/splints
· Maintain orderly and well-stocked exam rooms and manage inventory of supplies
· Prepare for next day’s appointments by organizing lab or test results and/or referrals
· Coordinate with physician to ensure timely and correct submission of all office charges
· Schedule patient appointments for pre-admission testing and/or rehab
· Coordinate all surgery paperwork such as insurance pre-authorizations, paperwork for surgery center/hospital, and consent forms.
· Administrate patient forms including disability, BWC, and return to work paperwork.
· Work with the physician and billing team to ensure surgery charges are submitted in a timely fashion.
· Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant strongly preferred
· Experience in a physician office setting, preferably orthopedic or surgical specialty
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Comprehensive benefits
· Monday through Friday schedule
· Competitive wages
- Required Skills
Medical Office Experience
Administrative skills to include phone, scheduling and organizational.
Medical Assisting training
Desire to work as part of a team