City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Job Title
- Medical Secretary/Receptionist
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is ready to work in a fast-paced medical practice in Providence RI.
This role is responsible for administrative duties but also plays a crucial role in establishing and providing superior patient care and service.
Responsibilities of the Medical Secretary/Receptionist:
- Performs all daily administrative duties including answering multi-line phone system, pulling and preparing charts, filing, faxing, and copying.
- Intake of patients: welcoming patients, gathering patient demographic and insurance information, coordinating prescriptions and referrals, preparing paper and electronic charts.
- Scheduling and confirming patient appointments
- Working closely with the providers to facilitate optimum patient care and communication.
- Verifying patient insurance benefits and explaining insurance billing requirements
- Collecting patient copays and assisting the billing office in the collection of patient balances
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Medical Secretary/Receptionist:
• 1 + years medical front office experience
• Proficient in computer skills, as well as Office Suite
• Ability to multi-task and to be extremely organized
• Basic knowledge of insurance
• Proficiency in basic medical terminology
• Knowledge of HIPPA policies and procedures
• Candidate must be team-oriented and must possess great communication skills
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills
- admin duties
- verifying patient insurance