Test Automation Engineer (C# Automation/Scripting) - Contract
- Job Title
- Test Automation Engineer (C# Automation/Scripting) - Contract
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Title: Test Automation Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
This position is ideal for someone who is a motivated test automation engineer that wants to grow and contribute to a mission-critical set of applications. This person will collaborate with all disciplines of software delivery and have their contribution treated as an equal partner to other team members regardless of their discipline. You want to be a member of a team with a proven track record for delivering on time, with quality.
We are a dynamic, agile software delivery team providing an enterprise-level integration platform. Our applications are horizontally and vertically scalable, highly performant and highly available. We live by the agile software mantra of “Inspect and Adapt”. We have a reputation for solid delivery.
Notes: One item that would be good to mention is that we work on highly available, highly scalable applications that run high volumes of mission critical data 24/7/365. Our team gets the more challenging projects and we have high expectations set on our performance. We truly need a person that enjoys and is driven by taking on a challenge.
- Three years of writing automated tests on any platform
- Two years of writing automated tests in C# for testing service-oriented applications
- One year of specifically testing XML/SOAP web services
- One year of experience with Visual Studio 2015 or higher
- Two years of maintaining tests in a version control system such as TFS source control or GIT
- One Year working on an agile software development team delivering releases in short, iterative cycles
- Using Parasoft SOATest to define and run tests for XML/SOAP services
- Creating and running test code for both .NET Framework and .NET Core in C#
- Automated testing of RESTful/JSON services
- Experience with Selenium for automating UI testing
- Experience with automating tasks with PowerShell
- Tracking work items in Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Maintaining and tracking code using GIT
- Deploying applications to test environments utilizing Octopus Deploy
- Querying and modifying data in Microsoft SQL Server via T-SQL
- Mentoring other team members in automating service testing with C#
- Experience with Visual Studio 2019
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server and Internet Information Server
- Creates and maintains moderately complex automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Coordinates and monitors moderately complex automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes/maintains communication with manual testers/teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- May maintain test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- Analyzes script results and reports issues as requested. Performs code reviews of automated scripts from team members.
- Provides assistance with running automated tests and training on automation to other teams as requested. Provides technical assistance to other members of the automation team.
- Understands and debugs scripts developed by team peers.
- May assist and instruct software developers in designing test cases for unit testing.
- May assist and instruct in creating use cases for UMLs.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with the education and training of software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.