Lead Java Developer
- Job Title
- Lead Java Developer
- Job ID
- Austin, TX
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding an Austin based client in their search for a Lead Developer. The Lead Developer will work on a team of truly talented individuals and be responsible for the design, build, and unit testing of IT applications and its components that interface with complex enterprise systems and external vendor systems. The Lead Developer will have solid knowledge working with complex distributed applications and a passion for solving data integration challenges.
- Provide Technical Leadership and champion best practices
- Lead Code review meetings, experience leading a team of onsite and offshore engineers.
- You will set the standards for good code and lead the team for best practices in software design.
- You will have full technical ownership of delivery and projects
- Work Closely with the Solution Architect to design and build distributed software systems
- Leverage existing open source frameworks, third party components/libraries, cloud and commercial software to develop robust enterprise solutions.
- Design and Develop Software applications, features and defect fixes
- Review test case, test plan and automated test scripts
- Demonstrate an all-inclusive, roll up your sleeves work ethics by showing willingness to participate in daily workloads when needed to meet deadlines.
- Write Unit Test, Perform Code reviews and participate in Scrum meetings, lead story grooming and preparing low level design of the features/ user stories.
- Work closely with Product Manager and Business Analyst to collaborate, review and deliver high quality software applications.
- Good skills in evaluating performance of applications and deliver solutions which are efficient and performant.
- Java, Java Spring, Struts Framework
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA, Web Services, REST API)
- XML, XLST, XPath Programming
- Build and Deploy tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy
- Database development & tuning (PL/SQL/XQuery)
- Application Performance (threading, indexing, clustering, caching)
- Strong Computer Science Fundamentals, Knowledge of data structures and big O notation
- Unit Testing and Performance Tuning Application
- Protocols like TCP/IP. HTTPS and HTTP.
- Application Design (Knowledge of Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and other design artifacts)
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
Nice to have
- Angular JS, Spring boot, Kafka, MongoDB, Micro Services, Cloud Deployment
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******