Senior Web Technologist (AEM)
- Job Title
- Senior Web Technologist (AEM)
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI 48122
- Other Location
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The Senior Adobe Experience Manger (AEM) Developer/Web Technologist will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of applications developed for our clients.
As a Senior Developer working in a team environment, duties will include working with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design. Daily work will be focused on delivering assigned tasks and/or specific tracks of the solution on time, escalating issues when appropriate as well as educating and leading others in the form of code reviews, workshops, and documentation.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Play a vital role in the development, testing and deployment of AEM Web and Mobile solutions. Work closely with clients, developers, project managers and business analysts.
- Design efficient content models, security models, workflows and templates.
- Develop AEM templates and components leveraging current AEM software releases.
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse.
- Develop and maintain application specific documentation.
- Assist in the conceptual and technical design, using object-oriented design techniques.
- Independently interface with client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation.
- Mentor junior team members and ensure software developed adheres to best practices and quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of hands on Java & J2EE/JEE software development experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing or testing commercial software
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (AEM is a plus)
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, WebPack, Gulp, or others
- Experience with secure coding practices
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS
- Experience with mobile first development and responsive design
- Strong understanding of web architecture concepts (RESTful APIs, client-side data binding, etc.)
- Experience with parsing and generating data using formats such as JSON and XML
- Ability to work as part of a team within a collaborative environment
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong understanding of AEM component architecture
- Ability to integrate AEM with the Adobe Experience Cloud suite of tools. (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Launch, Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager, etc.)
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to develop automated test cases with standard unit testing frameworks
- Ability to deliver front-end web applications, including front-end UI and integration with back-end services
- Experience implementing web content management systems in a large corporate environment.
- Experience with web and application servers, such as Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge of Sling, Spring and Struts Framework or other MVC frameworks
- Excellent estimation abilities in scoping work in a highly complex environment