- Job Title
- Android Developer
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97027
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
Conexess Group is aiding a Portland based client in their search for an Android Developer. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
- Develop quality Android applications using native APIs in Java or Kotlin, considering scale, security, reliability, and cost.
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience.
- Work on API integration to evolve application capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write unit and acceptance tests to validate robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Enhance native application performance.
- Communicate with internal and external business partners to qualify and shape requirements, offering suggestions that meet business needs in a better way than described (faster/cheaper or more robust).
- Demonstrate a continuous-improvement mindset and commit to mastering our agile practices.
- Contribute in a highly collaborative, team-first environment and communicate effectively.
- Candidate must be highly self-directed and motivated to take initiative.
- Comfortable with ambiguity at the start, effective at driving towards certainty.
- In-depth Kotlin and Java programming background and debugging skills.
- 4+ years of building high quality Android applications
- Experience with mobile APIs and frameworks
- Experience developing user interfaces using the Android Studio designer with XML
- Experience with the Gradle build system
- Experience with JSON and REST APIs
- Experience with Cloud Messaging APIs and Push Notifications
- Understanding of Google's Android Design Principles and Interface Guidelines
- Experience building multi-tier applications that take advantage of Google's latest API's
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Proficiency with multiple Android Architecture Design patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture)
- Experience with Android Jetpack
- Experience with Git or Version Control systems
- Experience shipping at least one application currently in the Google Play store
- Knowledge of Material Design
- Working knowledge of at least one UI testing framework (Espresso, Robolectric, Appium, etc...)
- Proficiency with JUnit
- Working knowledge of how to use the Android SDK tools (uiautomatorviewer, hierarchyviewer, adb, etc...)
- Experience with Realm database or other Android Database Solutions
- Experience with RxJava, RxAndroid and/or RxKotlin
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience building modular features that can be plugged into multiple apps