Current Job Postings
At PHP we believe in providing high quality, efficient care for nearly a half-million Coloradoans. One of the ways we do that is by taking care of our employee’s first. Benefits include competitive compensation, a generous health plan, vision, dental, life insurance, and 401(K) matching. In addition to the essential benefits, we also offer some fun ones like exercise incentives, happy hours, profit sharing, and philanthropy projects. These are just some of the reasons why we have been ranked a Top Workplace in the Denver Post for 7 years!
Check out this video to learn more about what makes us special.
Clinical Health Informaticist
- Job Title
- Clinical Health Informaticist
- Denver, CO 80202
- Other Location
This position is located in Denver, CO and is not remote.
Position Summary: Analyzes and provides clinical data expertise that helps the clinical team identify health care trends in utilization, prioritize at-risk populations, evaluate health outcomes and guide population and disease management. Identifies opportunities for data-driven solution and has the ability to translate business needs into information system requirements. This work supports physician practices and their patients across Colorado through targeted care coordination, clinical quality improvement, provider and patient education, claims documentation and reporting.
Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Effectively communicates clinical data with internal teams and external client committees to present, adopt and implement measures for clinical performance.
- Collaborates with other departments to develop reports in support of Independent Physician Association (IPA), provider and practice-level improvements.
Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Understands clinical data requests, seeks additional information appropriately and has the ability to simplify complex process and issues.
- Can critically analyze trends and advise PHP staff on the significance of the data.
- Can assess and offer strategic solutions for data collection and storage and provide analytics across multiple, and sometimes non-conforming, data sources.
Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles information flow.
- Provides evidence based research and references national guidelines when recommending clinical interventions and measures.
- Automates and documents processes and procedures to standardize work and provide efficiencies.
- Collaborates within the informatics team to trouble-shoot challenges through knowledge-sharing and team problem-solving.
Seeks out and accepts feedback, is a proactive learner, takes on tough assignments to improve skills, keeps knowledge and skills up-to-date, turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Researches new systems, softwares, and processes, analytical approaches, and data sources to improve skills and knowledge and makes recommendations to help business efficiencies.
Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to customers.
- Develop accurate and complete quality measurement testing plans and conduct end-to-end testing of measures from end-user perspective.
- Collect and analyze clinical outcomes data in order to develop and support clinical process improvement initiatives, quality, program evaluation and patient safety.
Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Develops analytic programming, manipulate and analyze large datasets using software packages, SQL/T-SQL using Microsoft SSMS, SSRS and business intelligence tools.
- Develops detailed documentation of quality measures and reports, including definitions, specifications and technical requirements.
- Gains understanding of technical design in addition to measure specifications to support effective communication and management of measure development.
- Develops population management reports that enhance clinical interventions for the clinical team at PHP. Evaluates programs and initiatives and provides statistical data to support these programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration, Applied Statistics or related. Masters’ in healthcare, epidemiology, business or analytics preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years analytic experience, in physician group/IPA setting or in other health care settings.
- Knowledge of relational databases and database theory and concepts.
- Extensive experience in writing and tuning T-SQL queries and in writing SQL stored procedures and report development in SSRS. Experience with R and Tableau or PowerBI a plus.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry, with a focus on medical claims and clinical data; knowledge of medical terminology, acronyms, and coding a plus.
- Strong technical and analytic skills with the ability to develop a deep understanding of customer and company needs so that they can be transformed into operational requirements.
- Strong knowledge of quality improvement approaches in a clinical setting with a focus on identification and utilization of appropriate processes and outcome measures, developing appropriate benchmark comparisons, producing trend and evaluation data, and documentation of opportunities for improvement.
- Skilled in effective application of quality measures and clinical guidelines disseminated by national quality organizations, including National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA), health plan employer data and information set (HEDIS) and National Quality Forum (NQF).
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in integrated structure by establishing effective work relationships with all departments and levels of staff and customers
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.