LEAPROS® MOBILE APP IS NOW NATIONAL!
and Job Search Tool
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Techonology & Engineering
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
- Job Title
- Senior Accountant
- Job ID
- Long Beach, CA 90831
- Other Location
LEAPROS is a Southern California based, Human Capital Recruitment and Advisory Solutions Firm, specializing in the fields of Finance & Accounting, Information Technology & Engineering, Human Resources & Administration, Sales & Marketing, and Supply Chain & Operations. Our services include professional and executive recruitment, contract staffing, consulting, and advisory solutions.
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: LEAPROS is excited to have partnered with a reputable healthcare company in their search for a top notch Senior Accountant!
POSITION TITLE: Senior Accountant - Healthcare
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes financial and operational transactions in General Ledgers for business line operations; ensures General Ledgers are closed accurately and timely.
- Creates and prepares account reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts and analyzes them to determine the appropriateness of the balances.
- Participates in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages to the Board of Directors, lenders and management.
- Prepares a variety of periodic intermediate or end products such as cost reports, trial balances, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, or cash flow statements;
- Prepares appropriate commentary or explanations relating to questions from management, budget variances, etc.
- Reviews, investigates and resolves significant accounting and reporting issues.
- Interacts with operating and staff personnel to supply or explain data and secure information.
- Identifies and helps implement process improvement opportunities as they relate to the Accounting and Finance groups.
- Reviews key contracts and complex arrangements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Performs special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Previous healthcare accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP principals and internal control environments; ability to identify key accounting issues and apply correct treatment under US GAAP.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
At LEAPROS, we are committed to our ethical principles and core values, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity.