IT Platform Manager (Data)
- Job Title
- IT Platform Manager (Data)
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
We are seeking an experienced IT Platform Manager to lead a rapidly growing Hadoop Data Lake and a Master Data Management platform team. The candidate will work closely with business and horizontal IT teams in the management of cluster capacity, Compliance, Security, scalability, resiliency and expansion to ensure optimal cluster performance and availability. These responsibilities include researching and recommending methods and technologies to improve cluster operation and user experience. The role will have responsibility for managing the complete life cycle of our solutions.
- Manage all parts of the IT Service platform management
- Design and manage the Services lifecycle including pipeline, operational, and retiring services Design and implement reporting based on metrics derived from measurement for all services
- Ensure proper documentation of current platforms
- Partner with business and IT architecture to identify data and process issues to provide solutions and recommends options.
- Lead the architecture design of the platforms/cluster to support growing demands and requirements
- Managing team members and vendors to deliver 24 x 7 platform administration and technical support.
- Drive and ensure effective end-to-end ownership and delivery of data platform availability, monitoring, quality and performance
- Lead team through fast-paced deployment cycles; committed to automation (Ansible/Chef/Puppet), agile, continuous delivery approach
- Experience working with large-scale distributed data systems, batch and streaming data applications including data storage, processing, management, analytics, machine learning
- Build and cultivate an environment of innovation, collaboration and solid execution, ensuring the team understands strategic goals, product and future technology roadmaps
- A minimum of bachelor's degree in Mathematics, computer science or equivalent
- 5-8 years' experience successfully leading an enterprise data platform team with significant engineering and administration experience
- 3-5 years' experience with Big Data Technologies like, HDFS, MapReduce, Hbase, Hive, Oozie, Spark & Cloudera manager and MDM related environments
- 3-5 years of experience with Scalable API infrastructure and API Web Services
- 3-5 years of proven experience with capacity management and performance engineering
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Proven experience in overall data management, data modeling, metadata management, master-data management and data movement.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must