Part-Time Administrative Assistant
- Job Title
- Part-Time Administrative Assistant
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32223
- Other Location
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of administrative functions in support of the Human Resources/Administration Manager. Also provides administrative support to General Manager, senior management and their teams on specific projects, programs and miscellaneous support functions as assigned. Assists in maintaining office environment including supplies, service maintenance functions and office tidiness. Receives and screens visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to General Manager and HR/Admin with various tasks including filing, scanning, faxing and maintaining office files. Communicates and coordinates activities and keeps management informed as part of daily routines.
- Assists in maintaining the company’s physical space including key cabinet, ordering and stocking office and facility supplies, following through on service calls and ensuring work areas are clean and maintained.
- Serves as Safety Committee Coordinator for Emergency Evacuations including maintaining the principal document, employee contact information, maps, and emergency kits. Executes annual safety drill.
- Assists HR/Admin Manager in coordinating company events including monthly all-team luncheons, team meetings, team birthdays and off-site employee events by working directly with vendors to order and schedule timely delivery of products. Assists in set up and clean-up of events as needed.
- Provides support to Finance by compiling monthly corporate credit card receipts for payment, receives and sorts quarterly bank envelopes, and other miscellaneous support functions as needed.
- Provides weekly support to Governance Risk office by monitoring websites and other miscellaneous routine tasks.
- Provides support to Client Services as assigned (i.e. documenting return mail)
- Provides support on projects as assigned (i.e. Governance Team Meeting)
- Receives, screens office visitors and notifies staff members and/or relays message.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail to appropriate departments.
- Other projects that may be assigned based on volumes and/or the company’s need for specific efficiency gains or problem resolution.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two or four year college degree in business preferred.
- 5 or more years of work experience in a business environment as administrative support or administrative assistant. Work experience should show a progression of increased responsibilities and heightened technical and interpersonal skills for the purpose of functioning independently and making decisions/resolving situations without compromising the company’s position.
- Required Skills
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of internal and external associates/customers/colleagues.
• Skilled in organizing and prioritizing work responsibilities in order to accomplish assigned goals.
• Ability to utilize company computer system(s) to enter, look-up, and/or retrieve information.
• Intermediate knowledge with Microsoft Office software applications.