Grocery New Store Team Lead
- Job Title
- Grocery New Store Team Lead
- Job ID
- Royal Oak, MI
- Other Location
Meijer Market Format Stores are a new and exciting neighborhood grocery store model, created to listen and react to the communities they are embedded in. Our stores are focused on community first, genuine customer service, fresh produce, local products, and low prices every day. We are rooting ourselves in urban and suburban locations throughout the Midwest, and are operated independently from the rest of the Meijer Supercenter chain. This allows each store the autonomy to truly reflect the neighborhood, to source locally, and to evolve with the needs of the people who live and shop there
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Responsible for leading teams across multiple departments, empowering them to make the difference. Set a great example for those in your span of care, by simply creating an exceptional customer experience.
These positions include:
o Grocery 3rd Shift Team Leader
o Front End Team Leader
o Dairy/Frozen Team Leader
o Bakery/Deli Team Leader
o Meat/Seafood Area Leader
o Produce Team Leader
o Liquor/Service Team Leader
What You'll be Doing:
- Manage ordering, receiving, stocking, pricing and product displays.
- Source local products to create a farmer’s market feel.
- Plan, write and communicate store schedules.
- Establish clear standards for daily and hourly market conditions.
- Drive key metrics for department including sales, margin, inventory, net profit, customer satisfaction and safety.
- Foster and drive open communication with team to ensure exchange of information to improve customer shopping experience and store financial performance.
- Develop store to be part of the community with products, events, community relationships through team member empowerment.
- Work flexibly to assume responsibilities for team members or assistant store managers when needed.
- Ensure freshness of product by closely monitoring execution to rotation and dating policy.
- Stay on top of competitive trends; investigate and analyze strengths/weaknesses of competition.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Passion for customer service.
- 2 - 3 years of retail experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and gain customer confidence to create repeat business.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
- Experience writing and executing plans.
- Has proven track record of developing teams to achieve service, presentation, sales, and margin expectations.
- Experience in inventory control management, cycle, and period inventories.
- Required Skills