DevOps Engineer (Enterprise Data)
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer (Enterprise Data)
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
The DevOps Engineer will have direct responsibility for managing change and sustain activities for assigned application(s) to ensure adherence to service level requirements. The employee will work with Business Partners, IT Peers and Vendors to identify operational efficiencies and strategic roadmaps in continued refinement of best in class operations.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline as code for Jenkins (specifically Groovy).
- Partnering with internal stakeholders to optimize Enterprise DevOps tooling for code bases utilized by Application Development Teams.
- Expertise with Unix shell scripting, JBoss EAP, WebSphere and Tomcat application server.
- Expertise with Maven plugins, goals, lifecycle and artifact versioning strategies.
- Knowledgeable in Hadoop ecosystem tools, OpenShift, Kubernetes and Helm charts.
- Develop dashboards that can aggregate metrics across pipelines.
- Be intimately familiar with leading open source frameworks and tools and work with software development and operations teams to enable DevOps automation ranging from Git, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Selenium, xUnit, and others.
- Sourcing CI/CD requirements from development teams and working with DevOps engineers to provide appropriate build processes and deployment steps
- Focusing on building highly automated delivery pipeline to deploy new software quickly, implementing different kinds of system design before working on a code base, and coordinating with application development leadership to continuously support developers in the operations arena.
- Communicates effectively with senior leadership and other development teams
- BS and 10+ years of work technology experience or equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage complex problems
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills