ITSM Incident Manager
- Job Title
- ITSM Incident Manager
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
ITSM processes support and enhance the way IT delivers and affect the performance of the IT organization. The focus of this specific role is Incident Management. The Major Incident Manager is primarily responsible for effectively managing the lifecycle of all incidents and to restore IT services for users or customers as quickly as possible when an interruption takes place.
The ITSM Incident Manager takes full ownership and accountability for the Incident Management process within the IT organization, including all major incidents that are reported and must be resolved, with minimal impact to our business. Once a major incident is escalated the Incident Manager will determine appropriate priority based on impact, assess what resources and expertise are required to resolve the incident and set about forming a Major Incident response that can resolve the issue as quickly as possible. As a leader with strong communication and orchestration skills, the ITSM Incident Manager facilitates written communications to IT leadership and business partners at the highest level. The candidate will be self-driven and works independently and in close collaboration with peers and leadership across Problem and Change management.
The ITSM Incident Manager also plays an important role in the incident’s post mortem lifecycle, collaborating with the ITSM Problem Management Team. The ITSM Incident Manager partners directly with leaders and stakeholders throughout IT and the business to understand impact, triage and troubleshoot, and review and approve of any repair/resolution actions to quickly restore service. The Incident Manager helps facilitate this process by supplying a technically accurate timeline of the incident, supporting alerts and monitors, along with other relevant data.
To be successful, the ITSM Incident Manager must possess the ability to manage the resources on the call to drive incident resolution while having the ability to summarize the complex business and technical details in written form as process requires.
- Lead and coordinate technical resources to restore service or implement a workaround within the Service Level Agreement - challenge teams to produce workarounds or alternatives
- Work with various technical/ process/ management teams to maintain continuous 7x24hr coverage throughout the incident lifecycle
- Works collaboratively with all functions within the enterprise (inside and outside IT, including external providers) to ensure processes are executed as designed
- Analyze and interpret complex data in order to make appropriate recommendations/ proposals to action plans, organize work streams and sequencing of troubleshooting steps during the technical calls/lifecycle
- Creates and maintains process documentation and measurements (Policy, Process Flows, Procedures, KPIs, etc.)
- Ability to lead technical resources during a period of high stress due to a critical incident to ensure the timely resolution of incidents and problems
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships across the enterprise to ensure ITSM process is a business enabler
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communications, facilitation and business writing
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field plus 4 years of experience in Information Technology OR 7 years of experience in Information Technology
- 3 years of experience implementing and supporting ITSM processes with a strong focus on Major Incident Management
- Demonstrated experience leading major incidents through the full lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams
- 5+ years experience using and supporting an ITSM tool (e.g. Remedy, ServiceNow)
- 5+ years experience in successful execution of the ITSM Incident Management process, including utilization of root cause analysis methodologies
- 3+ years using and supporting an incident response orchestration platform (Pagerduty, Ops Genie, etc)
- 2+ years experience working with global teams
- Certification in ITIL, Six Sigma, Project Management, Dev/Ops
- Demonstrated ability to define and deliver process KPIs