Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Job Title
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Other Location
Our client is looking for a passionate and adventurous Licensed Clinical Social Worker interested in making a difference in older adults’ lives! This opportunity is non-traditional and the right candidate will get the experience of a lifetime.
The Personal Care and Support Services for the Home Health Care Program at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to be assigned to this program to assist families on the base with geriatric needs assessment, advocacy, counseling and end-of-life preparation. This position is a Monday – Friday assignment from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with occasional on-call duties and will live on base.
Essential Duties Include:
- Plans and carries out assignments directed by the Program Manager.
- Provides counseling for clients in the Home Health Care Program who feel lonely or who are suffering from mental health disorders.
- Serve as first line of defense in mental health monitoring, they will work in conjunction with the mental health care professionals in on base.
- Encourage clients to pursue stimulating activities, helping to arrange group outings.
- Help clients to cope with aging by recording “life stories” and help people say their goodbyes through writing letters, phone calls, and videos.
- Serve as a link between the residents and the numerous public and private activities on the NSGB appropriate for the aging population.
- Assist in helping clients apply for appropriate services if needed and help sort out any problems in the delivery of these services.
- Assist with individual resident budgets, including purchasing items.
- Partner with other resources to assistance in the Advance Directive form and explain how to correctly complete it.
- Provide counseling services, which often deal with end-of-life issues, bereavement, and other concerns common to senior citizens as well as helping guide families through the transition from the home environment to long term care, assist with filing necessary paperwork, and help with access to end-of life care planning (living wills, advance directives, DNR orders).
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, family members, and health care staff and can make sure the family stays informed about their loved one’s condition through quarterly updates via phone/email or face-to-face communications.
- Participate in developing comprehensive care plans individually suited to the needs of clients.
- Participate in the Multidisciplinary Care planning meetings.
Requirements of the Job:
- Required fluency in English and Spanish with a demonstrated ability to speak, write, interpret and translate between Spanish and English languages.
- Master's Degree with experience working with the geriatric population.
- Cell phone
- Health Care
- Vacation plus 10 Federal Holidays
- Access to base privileges
- Required Skills
• Required fluency in English and Spanish with a demonstrated ability to speak, write, interpret and translate between Spanish and English languages.
• Master's Degree with experience working with the geriatric population.
- Pay Range
- $65,000.00 None to $65,000.00 None