Big Data Architect (Hadoop)
- Job Title
- Big Data Architect (Hadoop)
- Job ID
- Other Location
Seeking a Big Data Architect (Hadoop) to be a leader in the Customer Insights & Analytics organization based in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have personal experience implementing data lakes, data analytics, and master data management solutions, including data ingestion, data homogenization & data preparation, data quality checking and management, structured and unstructured data processing, relational and no SQL data processing and applications, API development, advanced analytics, and business intelligence. Experience with modern self-service data capabilities, data management and governance, data modeling, and data architecture is also a plus.
The Director of Data Delivery provides technical delivery direction and oversight for data-related development teams to architect, design, develop, deploy and sustain solutions that meet business needs while maintaining design integrity and adhering to best practices and information technology, security and compliance policies and procedures. The Director must be experienced with Agile and DevOps practices, as they will also lead development teams to high performance using these practices.
The Director must possess strong data delivery skills and also be a seasoned and effective manager of people, cultivating an engaged and motivated workforce. The Director will be accountable for delivering successfully on technology investments, including communicating effectively on the purpose and status of initiatives, proactively identifying potential roadblocks to success, and overcoming, mitigating, and escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Management of the entire delivery life cycle for technology investments involving data solutions, from ideation and inception to deployment, user adoption, and ongoing Sustain activities
- Oversee the channeling of epic/program scope into appropriate Agile squads, and ensuring that these bodies of work are appropriately decomposed into smaller delivery units and brought to production on a frequent basis, so that business and customer value may be realized swiftly and so that timely feedback loops exist with the business and technology teams
- Maintain alignment to Data Architecture and Enterprise Architecture and promote an architecture-first approach in the delivery practices of all our teams
- Cultivate a team culture of process excellence by developing and maintaining world-class, modern development practices within the organization
- Ensure that delivery and deployment practices safeguard company assets and our customers, by managing risks, information security, resiliency, and sustainability
- Integrates activities and plans with business units and other IT organizations to ensure the successful implementation and support of company-wide goals
- Develop and prepare the next generation of technology leaders and team members, and create an engaged and high-morale team environment through a non-hierarchical management style and a growth-mindset approach
- BS and 10+ years of work technology experience or equivalent work experience
- Broad and deep understanding of technical concepts in multiple specialized fields to develop technical solutions with an executive consultative approach
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methods such as Scrum and Kanban as well as DevOps
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each technology initiative and removing impediments so teams may operate at maximum effectiveness
- Ability to develop team and divisional guidelines and standards for well-managed software and data delivery
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to evolving business needs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to translate technical information for consumption by business partner and executives
- Effective stakeholder management -- fair and balanced in dealings with vendors and internal partners
- Confident, self-starter - demonstrates initiative and influences