- Job Title
- SQL DBA
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Nashville based client in their search for a SQL DBA. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Works with project teams to provide SQL database expertise to support company needs.
- Participation in the updating, migration, design, creation, and maintenance of SQL databases.
- Consults with and advises users on access to and performance of SQL databases.
- Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Responsible for all aspects of database administration for SQL Server databases including problem solving, configuration, and implementation efforts for large and / or complex projects with an emphasis in operation excellence and continuous improvement of database related processes and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring high levels of data available and database performance.
- Tunes and optimizes SQL Statements, Instance Parameters, and Data Storage, including the identification of performance related issues.
- Creates database objects. Responsible for indexes, buffers, and cache.
- Minimum of 5 years of SQL database experience
- Understanding of SQL language
- Experience with HA, replication & mirroring
- Experience with query tuning, performance tuning, database design
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in developing and maintaining MS SQL Server databases, data warehouse and multidimensional DBs
- Deep experience with backup and restore processes, using native SQL tools and 3rd party tools such as DDBoost and SQLSafe.
- Experience with change management and ticketing processes. (ServiceNow, HP, Remedy) Large scale business experience preferred.
- SQL Server 2012, 2016 experience
- Experience with SQL backups and backup tools
- Performance testing, SQL Security, SSIS