Sr. Data Conversion Engineer (C#.NET, SQL Server, SSIS Packages) (Some Remote work opportunity) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Data Conversion Engineer (C#.NET, SQL Server, SSIS Packages) (Some Remote work opportunity) - Contract
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Data Conversion Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a senior level Data Conversion Engineer to join our Kansas City team. In this role, you will be expected to be a senior contributor as it relates to process improvement and development efforts for data conversion and configuration processes. The ideal candidate will have experience leading process improvement efforts and development and/or data conversion teams, and be responsible for driving design and development of solutions for complex applications.
About Our Team:
IS- ASP Operations Engineering manages and oversees the application administration for all Internet Solutions products. We work in close collaboration with Internet Solutions development teams, support teams, and Operations Administration team to drive the efficiency and operability of our products and solutions. We work closely to build and implement solutions to ensure that our products are implemented in a successful manner, with appropriate controls, processes, and plans in place to ensure the long-term goals of these products are met.
- Minimum of 6 years working with C# in a .NET stack.
- Experience working with data conversion processes and technologies.
- Experience working with MS SQL Server & SSIS packages.
- Experience implementing solutions using scripting (PowerShell), Data ETL & Data Integration tools (SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Centerprise Data Integrator).
- Experience working with Microsoft Entity Framework
- Substantial understanding and history of working with and implementing API-based solutions
- Ability to work with Business Process Analysts and the business to
- Ensure solutions meet business requirements
- Collaborate on the prioritizations of features and automation solution
- Working with others in the business unit; analyzes existing data conversion processes for effectiveness, efficiency, and areas of improvement
- Looks for quick wins while performing analysis and leverages these improvements to gain buy-in and free up resources for additional engagement
- Builds out long-term conversion plans and tools utilizing industry standards, best practices, and existing business expertise
- With help from development, product, and database administration teams; works to execute long term plans and provide reliable, user-friendly automation and tools to complete future conversions
- Documents all work efforts including:
- ROI through decreased touch time, increased delivery time, and increased quality of delivery
- Existing, mid, and long term processes
- Process documentation and operational instructions to be provided to end-users and consumers of the final product
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- May contribute to product architecture.
Environment: Initially team of just 1, though very heavily engaged with several other teams (development, database administration, and the install/conversion team). Will be focused on building up the automation needed to complete conversions, then potentially moving into a long-term team focused on building internal tools for Internet Solutions/CCS. Able to work remotely a couple days a week after getting up to speed, though primarily based in the Kansas City office.
The role will initially be focused on working with the IS Install team, Development team, and the IS Architecture team to work toward a largely automated, services-based solution to handle data conversions. This would include analysis of existing processes/technologies, identification of gaps/quick wins in existing implementations, implementation of iterative improvements to quickly drive business value and ROI on improving the quality and decreasing the cost of conversions, and finally implementation of a solution that leverages existing business services (APIs) to handle data conversions natively within the constraints of the application.