Executive Administrative Assistant
- Job Title
- Executive Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Dearborn, MI 48126
- Other Location
PRIMARY FUNCTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
The Executive Assistant provides the highest level of independent administrative support. The Assistant understands the mission, goals and objectives, and strives to meet them within the limitations of agency resources.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Acts as confidential assistant to the appropriate leadership.
- Prepares documents, from dictation or handwritten drafts through word processing, final formatting, laser printing, copying and distribution.
- Handles outgoing mail, including copying and distribution of internal memos and other materials as requested.
- Provides phone support.
- Transcribes voicemail as needed.
- Assists in maintaining schedules as requested and acts as liaison with appointments and guests.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares expense reports.
- Receives, routes and responds to mail, telephone, e-mail, and personal inquiries regarding agency and executive office matters.
- Provides support for meetings as requested, including but not limited to, scheduling, reserving rooms, preparing announcements, RSVP cards, agendas, and arranging for food service.
- Composes and edits letters, reports, and other documents.
- Creates and maintains official records, files, statistics, and reports, as requested using word processing, data base, spreadsheet, graphics, and communications software.
- Recommends measures to improve work process methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains and supports all company standards as specified within the Quality Management System.
- Supports/facilitates the mandatory adherence to ISO9001 requirements, processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong word processing and database skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be discrete with confidential information and materials.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with staff and clients.
- Ability to work flexible hours and possible overtime.
- Flexible about changing deadlines and priorities.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Have physical and mental requirements to meet the above listed job responsibilities.