IT Audit and Compliance Advisor
- Job Title
- IT Audit and Compliance Advisor
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37228
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a Nashville based client in their search for an Information Protection Advisor This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- The Information Protection Advisor role is responsible for leading critical security reviews of information systems for HIPAA compliance.
- This role will work closely with Information System Experts, Infrastructure, Development and Project Management teams, and ensure continued process improvements.
- This group is responsible for managing information security, including security risk management, for the organization.
- Perform HIPAA-based assessments of internal and external systems.
- Identifies weaknesses in internal controls and opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Provides consultative advice to information security customers that enables them to make informed risk management decisions.
- Assists project teams in the implementation of security measures to meet corporate security policies and external regulations.
- Weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues and options to management.
- Maintains appropriate security documentation for applications and systems.
- Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- At least 5 years of IT experience with a Bachelor's Degree in computer related field or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in Information Security
- Familiarity with external regulations such as HIPAA
- Certification in information security and/or audit (CISA, CISSP, CISM, GIAC, or equivalent) preferred
- Effective leadership skills, demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams to project/activity completion and the ability to work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities Customer service-oriented;
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve