- Job Title
- SEC Manager
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
The SEC Manager will have responsibilities related to the preparation and filing of annual and quarterly Form 10-K and Form 10-Q with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Also manages other complex financial accounting and analysis relating to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Coordinates the preparation of external financial reports in compliance with SEC and other regulatory reporting requirements
• Prepares drafts of financial statements, footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis
• Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements or in accounting research related to financial statement presentation and disclosures
• Serves as effective liaison with external and internal auditors on reporting matters and annual engagement
• Creates and fosters a positive working environment within and across functional areas
• Provides accounting guidance on accounting related matters
• Researches current and emerging accounting issues and implements related accounting policies and procedures
• Responsible for Transfer Pricing guidelines and policies
• Involved in Global Consolidation of Financial Statements
• Assist outside tax preparers with provision and return information
• Assists with compliance with GAAP and regulatory accounting
• Prepares accounting analysis and whitepapers
• Analyzes business transactions and proposes accounting treatment
• Facilitates and supports identification of process improvements
Measures of Accountability:
• Timeliness of reporting financials.
• Accuracy of financials.
• Clarity in reporting financial information.
• Adhering to control procedures.
• Ability to fulfill data requests.
• Organization not subject to risk as a result of decisions.
• Audit comments.
• Protective of Confidential and/or Sensitive Information.
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA certification
• Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in Financial Audit or Reporting
• Prior experience in Public Accounting with SEC Registered clients