- Job Title
- Accounting Analyst
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
- Other Location
A distribution company located in Ponte Vedra, Florida is looking for an Accounting Analyst to join a great team focused on exceeding their customers' expectations. The right candidate is dependable, detailed oriented, organized and knows how to problem-solve using the resources available.
The Accounting Analyst performs a variety of daily accounting activities to include maintaining the general ledger and preparation of financial reports. Provides general support for the company’s overall finance function. Applies basic principles of accounting to ensure compliance with GAAP. Monitors the financial condition of the business and provides input to the CFO regarding operational and financial performance of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as an individual contributor generating financial reports and handling account reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Completes various month-end activities.
- Prepares various daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Reviews documentation and manages employee expense reports.
- Analyzes various account activity and provides reports to management.
- Assists CFO and works with CPA firm and regulatory entities on various audit and tax activity including sales tax, payroll tax and income tax.
- Assists with development and enhancement of accounting processes to ensure proper internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Assists with and/or completes tasks and project assignments.
- Advanced proficiency with various computerized accounting systems (Great Plains).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook.
- General knowledge of internal controls, accounting principles and GAAP.
- Basic understanding of corporate transaction processes.
- Ability to process transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to manage time, handle multiple activities/projects, shift priorities with a high degree of attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to build professional relationships by effectively communicating with both financial and non-financial individuals and working effectively with individuals across the organization.
- Ability to attentively listen and effectively communicate in oral and written format.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, asking probing questions and implementing solutions
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in a professional role in an accounting department with specific experience in account reconciliation and report preparation/analysis.