- Job Title
- Scrum Master
- Job ID
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is looking for a Scrum Master for our client in downtown Philadelphia. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
Serves as the Servant Leader of the Scrum team by removing impediments and helping the team remain successful and on schedule. Must have a sufficient understanding of technology to enable them to lead team members and help them overcome their development roadblocks; they must also understand business strategy and objectives, and be able to ensure that development work is prioritized by business value and results align with objectives.
- The incumbent provides expert content/professional leadership on complex assignments/projects.
- Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership but works on broader projects, which require understanding of wider business. Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Ability to work with at least two teams as Scrum Master Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Assess and coach the team to higher levels of Agile maturity, at a sustainable and comfortable pace for the team and organization
- Remove impediments or guide the team on how to remove them
- Coach teams on how to self-organize, and fill in gaps in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Facilitate the Agile ceremonies necessary to help the team succeed Help a team account for items committed; make sure no items are neglected or not accounted for
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Prepare team for PI Planning Lead relevant sections of PI Planning and other SAFE ceremonies
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example Expect to also be a team contributor in some aspect
- Ability to work with a number of strong personalities on behalf of your team
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with the Agile Scrum framework
- Able to lead a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments
- Able to demonstrate that you worked with at least one team and increased its effectiveness
- Experience promoting Agile engineering practices such as pair programming, continuous delivery, TDD, etc.