Vice President of Finance
- Job Title
- Vice President of Finance
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Vice President of Finance
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY'S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS AND BEYOND.
Made In Space is looking for a Vice President of Finance with 10 to 15 years of experience in finance in a related segment or industry. This position directs and manages budgeting, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, planning and applicable analysis and reporting within engineering programs that contain a large development scope, and within technology research and development projects in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current aerospace and defense industry trends and regulations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement an integrated business systems toolset to facilitate program control, planning and reporting.
- Ensure that program cost and schedule commitments are met. Monitoring program performance to ensure financial reporting accuracy, maintain FAR/CAS compliance as required, and identify issues for disclosure and remediation.
- Prepare government contract reporting requirements and present to customer.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports that will assist senior managers in managing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the business.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism.
- Develop cost proposals, including review of RFP, FAR clauses, and coordination with subcontractor flow-downs, prepare basis of estimates, pricing strategies, cash management, negotiation strategy and cost proposal kick-offs.
- Participate in the negotiation of customer, supplier and service contracts.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory interaction.
- Successful track record as a finance leader of a $100M+ organization.
- Experience performing budgeting, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, planning and applicable analysis and reporting within engineering programs that contain a large development scope, and within technology research and development projects.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted earned value management system procedures and application.
- Knowledge of and experience with government contracting and FAR/CAS.
- Knowledge of and experience with debt financing.
- Experience in managing commercial and government audits.
- Experience and knowledge with industry pricing software.
- Experience in finance in a government contracting/government cost accounting environment.
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments.
This position is responsible for all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within the department.
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Short and long term disability plans.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR click https://www.justice.gov/crt/8-usc-1324b-unfair-immigration-related-employment-practices
Made In Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MIS is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Made In Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting.
10-15 years' experience in finance in a related segment or industry. Aerospace and/or manufacturing experience preferred.