Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
Survey Crew Chief
- Job Title
- Survey Crew Chief
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Land Surveying Crew Chief / Party Chief
Immediate position available for an experienced field Survey Crew Chief. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy being part of a team in a fast-paced land surveying environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a team environment. To be considered, candidates must be willing to travel and have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as a crew chief / party chief.
- 2+ years of GDOT Database Prep.
- Extensive Boundary and Cadastral Surveying experience.
- Topographic Mapping Skills.
- Leica Survey equipment (Total Station and GPS).
- Ability to understand and operate a total station with electronic data collector.
- Ability to perform land surveying calculations and work with computer programs.
- Work in Mandeville, LA and travel to projects around the United States.
- Good land surveying field note keeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
- Must have good handwriting skills.
Supervises field land survey crew engaged in various types of surveys including boundary traverses, location surveys, level runs, retracement surveys, staking subdivisions, bridges, highways and commercial developments. Directs the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately. Understands and operates as necessary total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities. Ability to Run Leica total station and GPS equipment. Documents all phases of survey work. Some overnight travel required. DOT experience is a plus!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org