Please select the position below that you want to apply for or just create a profile. You will be assigned a username and password, which will allow you to come back and update your information or resume. There will be a couple of fields to enter your information and then you will see a list of general questions about job requirements and your surveying experience. Answering these questions is not required, but will better assist SPS in matching you with available job opportunities. The last field will require you to upload your resume to our database. Now you are ready to click the save button. You will receive two emails upon submittal that will contain your username, password and profile links. A representative with SPS will contact you to review your profile, experience, and job needs.
- Job Title
- Hydrographic Surveyor
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 30328
- Other Location
Immediate position available for an experienced Hydrographic Surveyor. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy being part of a team in a fast paced environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who enjoys challenging work working in a Team environment. To be considered, candidates must be willing to travel and have the following qualifications:
- Determine position and elevation of important features and boundaries in survey areas using precision hydrographic systems, GPS technologies, total stations and levelling instruments.
- Supervising the care and maintenance of equipment in the field.
- Perform field hydrographic surveys collecting bathymetric and other data
- Reporting of bathymetric conditions, quantities and other pertinent data to colleagues and supervisors for review and direction
- Collect, assemble, review and report production related materials and values
- Verify the precision of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys
- Any other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs.
- Work in Atlanta and Travel to projects around the United States
- Precise field note keeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
- Must have good handwriting skills
Directs the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately. Understands and operates as necessary total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities. Documents all phases of survey work. Some overnight travel required.