Interested in joining a fast-paced, results-focused company that cares about its employees and is helping shape America's housing finance industry? Essent is currently interviewing for the following open positions:
- Job Title
- Risk Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Radnor, PA 19087
- Other Location
Essent Guaranty, Inc. Founded in 2008, we are a private mortgage insurer, approved by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and licensed nationwide. We offer private mortgage insurance, also known as mortgage guaranty insurance, MI or private MI, for single-family mortgage loans in the United States, providing private capital to mitigate mortgage credit risk for lenders and investors. This, in turn, allows lenders to make additional mortgage financing available to prospective homeowners. We are focused on managing risk and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty. As a company, we bring strong private capital and a commitment to risk management to the mortgage insurance industry. As of September 30, 2018 Essent Guaranty was in compliance with the Private Mortgage Insurer Eligibility Requirements (PMIERs). Essent is rated BBB+ by Standard and Poor's and Baa1 by Moody's.
Title: Risk Analyst
Location: Radnor, PA
The Risk Analyst position will perform market research and surveillance, collateral analysis, and transaction costing in an effort to support the flow of MI business and structured transactions. The focus of the position will be on underwriting, pricing adequacy and monitoring.
As a dynamic and resourceful professional, we will rely on you to perform the following duties:
- Perform data mapping and integrity checks, collateral stratification, and transaction surveillance.
- Load, validate, and invoice loan level data in corporate loan management system.
- Utilize proprietary credit risk models and pricing tools to conduct profitability analysis.
- Develop and maintain costing tools for customized pricing development, and cash flow models for analyzing structured transactions.
- Prepare collateral and credit analysis, documentation, and presentation materials for mortgage insurance and structured transactions.
- Support various departmental and cross-functional projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related quantitative discipline is required.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets or conducting credit analysis.
- Three (3) years or more of experience in mortgage or financial service/insurance industry preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel (incl. VBA), Word and PowerPoint; working knowledge with SAS or other statistical software preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- International Travel up to 10% of time.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and disability benefits. We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company.
Essent is an Equal Opportunity Employer.