- Job Title
- Plant Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a fast-growing company who is hiring an experienced Plant Manager to help take them into their next chapter and execute on their goals in a brand-new production facility located in Western NC state! This is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of an emerging brand with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture! CPG products experience required with food and beverage background at a mid-to-large scale manufacturer strongly preferred.Please apply if interested!
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Direct & manage plant operations for production, inventory management, quality & maintenance.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure all manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely & cost effective manner.
- Develop & control profits, plans, & budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, & production team
- Manage capital asset maintenance/repairs
- Establish/Monitor overall plant performance for production & quality standards.
- Control/Minimize labor overtime, premium freight, & repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities & equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities & equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership & training to accomplish the company goals & objectives.
- Implement & maintain preventative & predictive maintenance programs.
- Lead the incorporation of LEAN manufacturing & 5S principles across the production facility.
- Comply with, enforce, and educate team members on food safety, GMPs as well as various other current or potential facility & product certifications (including: SQF, USDA Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO Project, etc.)
- Provide direction, development & leadership to junior managers and/or supervisors.
- Build & nurture team environment under quickly evolving growth curve which fosters individual growth and opportunity in alignment with the company culture
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor of Science degree desired; certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Senior management level experience in relevant supply chain management functions (multiple areas preferred) including at least 5 years in a manufacturing leadership role.
- CPG products experience required with food and beverage background at a mid-to-large scale manufacturer strongly preferred.
- Inventory control management with background in building/improving warehouse management or inventory tracking systems
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Demand Planning that is integrated with Sales Forecasts/ERP Software
- Thorough knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures within the food manufacturing industry. Strong knowledge of current FSMA regulations and experience w/ third-party certifications
- Experience with certain types of food manufacturing equipment, including vacuum pumps, motors, kettles, and mixers is preferred
- Strong team builder & coach with history of helping others achieve their potential.
- Comprehensive understanding of key supply chain processes including planning, production, logistics, and quality management.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of financial data & planning.
- Able to translate detailed data & observations into fact-based performance enhancing recommendations, and effectively present to and gain buy-in from management.
- Ability to partner cross functionally to achieve desired results.
- Proven success using metrics, productivity tracking & data collection systems to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, change oriented environment.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal, & written communication & presentation skills