- Job Title
- Content Author
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- Other Location
About the Position
As a digital content author, copywriter, and page creator, you will be part of the creative and user experience team on an enterprise-level digital experience. You will work collaboratively with the team, under the guidance of the Content Lead, to help create a digital footprint for this client that is creative, strategic and useful.
- Work in a cross-channel environment publishing content for desktop/laptop and mobile devices
- Update content logs, copy documents and other documentation systems
- Ensure professional-quality content for secure online/mobile interfaces, responsive websites, mobile apps, online lead/application forms, marketing pages and other cross-channel websites
- Analyze and understand end-to-end customer experiences to make sure all content is consistent in voice/tone/construction and technically correct
- Apply the company’s voice and tone and style guidelines to ensure consistency.
- Write and edit a variety of digital content as needed, including marketing pages, informational content, navigational elements, form field labels and messaging, error messages, contextual help, alert messages and FAQs.
- Work with development and other internal team members on project implementation and launch activities, including stand-up meetings, content migrations, defect resolution, acceptance testing, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience authoring content for an enterprise website
- Detail-oriented with exceptional grammar skills
- Understanding of writing for usability as well as creatively
- Calm demeanor under tight deadlines and in a demanding environment
- Strong communication skills, adept at listening
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- 2 years of professional experience authoring and writing for an enterprise-level organization:
- Mobile apps
- Software or other digital platforms
- Strong interactive writing/editing skills
- Collaborating with large teams using outstanding communication skills
- Successfully executing and balancing multiple projects and tasks
- Working with UX, product and SEO teams
- Working with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with proven ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, compelling content that adheres to style guidelines and is substantially error-free
- Attention to detail, especially as it relates to complex customer interactions and compliance-mandated content
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently when necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office