SQL Server Data Platform Engineer/DBA (Mid Level) - Contract
- Job Title
- SQL Server Data Platform Engineer/DBA (Mid Level) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48106
- Other Location
Title: SQL Server Data Platform Engineer/DBA (Mid Level)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
- Manage Microsoft SQL Server environment supporting transactional systems, enterprise data warehouse environment and other critical business applications
- Install, configure, administer and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure highest levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Help analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular operational processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Install/upgrade/configure SQL Server 2012 - 2017.
- Configure and deploy High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for critical applications to meet SLA’s and limit the outage within the given RPO / RTO.
- Configuring SQL SERVER Always-On Availability Groups in SQL 2012/2014/2016/2017 for High Availability of database servers as a part of disaster recovery solution.
- Apply Critical Patch updates and Patch Set Upgrades to the SQL Server environments.
- Responsible for day-to- day database support and maintenance activities, such as database backups, restores for development env to mission-critical production systems to meet or exceed business and IT needs.
- Responsible for ongoing database management including but not limited to Query Store monitoring, statistics updates, index management, partition management, data archival etc.
- Setup and Design of backup and recovery solutions, according to Disaster Recovery scenarios, Plan and Document specifications.
- Provide support for the client applications and solve client issues.
- Document the company’s database environment
- Install and administer other SQL Server technologies including Analysis Service and Integration Service
- Provide 24/7/365 support of the environment thru on-call rotation
- Administer and manage Hadoop and Big Data environment – Ambari, Yarn, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Help operationalize and manage newer NoSQL/NewSQL data platforms for transactional and analytical workloads
- Database platform production operations experience with SQL Server 2012 – 2017
- MUST have experience with Performance Tuning
- MUST have worked on SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups (AAG)
- MUST have worked on both transactional and warehouse database environments
- Nice to have knowledge on Distributed AAG (DAAG) setup and operations
- Must have knowledge on operations of large (3 to 8 TB+) databases
- Nice to have experience with batch and PowerShell scripting
- Nice to have some production operations management experience with managing Hadoop
- Nice to have some production operations management experience with managing NoSQL / NewSQL data platforms
- Nice to have experience with Python scripting
- 3-5 years of IT experience (or 2 years of IT experience with Master’s degree in Computer Science)
- At least 2 to 3 years of DBA experience with SQL Server platform
- At least 2 to 3 years of hands-on production operations management experience with SQL Server 2016/2017
- At least 2 years of operations and management experience with data warehouse and/or online transactional environments
- Team player and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Must be highly resourceful and creative in fulfilling the job requirements
- Must be able to work independently with limited management
- Share knowledge and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other team members
- Must be a great communicator