Sr. Performance Engineer (Automation Skills in Shell, Groovy, Python, Perl, C# or other) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Performance Engineer (Automation Skills in Shell, Groovy, Python, Perl, C# or other) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Performance Engineer (Automation Skills in Shell, Groovy, Python, Perl, C# or other)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
As a Senior Performance Engineer you’ll work in a critical DevOps function that focuses on delivering high performing and scalable applications in a very fast paced agile environment. Our engineers define workloads that model the performance of our systems, automate the measurement of these workloads, conduct analysis to gain insights into how to make the system run faster and use resources more efficiently. You will actively use performance tools, profilers and monitors to analyze, optimize component level performance metrics. In addition, you will learn about how our technology is deployed for various use cases in an agile environment using the latest and highly streamlined release processes. You will work closely with a group of talented software developers, architects and database engineers to lead performance testing, analysis and optimization initiatives across a variety of high usage application and products.
- 8+ years of experience in performance testing/engineering.
- Strong Automation and coding skills using Shell, Groovy, Python, Perl, C# or other languages.
- Experience in testing the performance of REST APIs.
- Experience testing a microservice architecture.
- Former developer experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of performance tuning Relational Databases (SQL Server).
- Understanding of networking technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, Load Balancers, Firewalls, etc.)
- Working knowledge of network packet sniffers (e.g. TcpDump, Network Monitor, WinDump).
- Working knowledge of operating system design/tuning (e.g. Linux, Windows)
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience using diagnostic tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, HTTP Watch, Fiddler IE and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Extensive understanding of web applications and browser concepts (HTTP/HTTPS, connections, cookies, caching, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Splunk (and/or Splunk) to build effective visualizations, alerts and dashboards around key business transitions, performance and health metrics to get deeper operational and system insight on the systems.
- Expert experience in JMeter tool.
- Experience running tests using cloud testing tools like BlazeMeter, OctoPerf etc.,
- Experience integrating performance scripts (JMeter) into Jenkins and JMeter with scripting(groovy)
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and agile performance testing.
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security.
- Expert performance test engineering experience in both Web and Client Server applications.
- Ability to work independently with an aptitude for detailed work and follow-up activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
(80%) Validation of Quality Applications
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability in work assignments. Be resourceful and collaborate with respective teams to quickly solve performance and scalability challenges.
- Design workloads and simulations to model our applications usage and establish performance and scalability benchmarks.
- Measure various aspect of the system performance, including throughput, response times, resource usage such as CPU, memory, thread utilization and IO statistics.
- Automate the tracking and publishing of Performance results across software builds and releases to ensure high quality releases.
- Perform root cause analysis for performance optimization and architecture. Demonstrate a technical aptitude to do a deep-dive into problem areas and contribute to fixes that are faster, cleaner and require less maintenance.
- Hands-on script development using JMeter or other open source tools.
- Estimate performance testing deliverables for all applicable projects.
- Requirements gathering, creating JMeter scripts and execution.
- Monitor build jobs and create defects for any performance related issues.
- Perform In sprint performance testing.
- Scripting new functionality and fixing existing failed JMeter scripts.
- Plan performance tests both in QA and pre-prod (sometimes production).
- Discuss with team on new services, gather requirements and develop JMeter scripts.
- Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
- Execute tests in cloud load generators as per requirements.
- Collaborate with Operations team to monitor applications to ensure applications perform as planned.
- Track defects on issues found.
- Perform detailed analysis on any bottlenecks found during test executions.
- Build Stress, Load, Capacity and soak tests at an enterprise wide level.
- Ability to communicate performance metrics of the applications to the leadership.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the various applications
- Develop and maintain service level metrics for systems, including response time, failover, time to failure, and time to recover.
- Ability to coordinate with Leads and development managers.
- Timely presentation of KPI and performance metrics to leadership teams.