- Job Title
- Sales Manager
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48211
- Other Location
Seeking a Sales Manager for our client’s Metal Forming Business Unit in their Southfield Business Office. The position supports all commercial activities related in the Domestic OEM group for powertrain, driveline and transmission products.
- Plans, organizes and manages the promotion and sales of products to assigned customers, ensuring that company is appropriately visible as a supplier of forged products, and is included in new business opportunities
- Establishes and maintains relationships with assigned customers, identifying target contacts and programs to pursue
- Responsible for managing the customer quote process, including coordination of cross-functional team and preparing formal quotation for the customer.
- Negotiates and reviews contracts and Purchase orders.
- Lead teams in overall commercial/sales communication, sales strategy and account development plan.
- Development of employee’s skill sets in Powertrain Sales techniques.
- Development of OEM LRPPs and thus company’s target markets.
- In conjunction with company’s other Product or Geographical Regions, establishes strategic sales plans (short and long range) to achieve corporate objectives for products at assigned customers, ensures successful execution of Strategic Plans.
- Monitors competitive products and competitors marketing activities.
- Participates in development and maintenance of customer/sales database.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials and events.
- College degree with strong technical aptitude
- 7+ years Automotive OEM sales experience required
- Experience in sales/marketing of OEM components
- Experience with sales processes/negotiation and balancing customer relationships
- Forging, powdered metal and aluminum die casting experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Enthusiastic and Self-Directed
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Knowledge and understanding of business and basic business finance
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Proven OEM sales wins are preferred)