Vehicle Perception Engineer
- Job Title
- Vehicle Perception Engineer
- Job ID
- Plymouth, MI 48170
- Other Location
Job Responsibilities（The qualified candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following）
- The candidate will collaborate with other algorithm developers, perception, localization and mapping engineers, and system architects for other subsystems to achieve extremely capable automated vehicle.
- The candidate will develop perception and sensors technologies enabling automated vehicle features that will integrate into targeted vehicle applications.
- The candidate will work closely with engineering researchers, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to develop components and systems to support features.
- The candidate is expected to lead or support advance technical work that develops, deploys, validates, and optimizes new technologies on sensor, sensing, perception and/or features for automated vehicles.
- Travel as required.
- Bachelor in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, required; Master’s/PhD Degree in Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of production automotive experience.
- Ability to independently carry out all phases of algorithm development, compile, build, debug, simulation, testing, validation and documentation.
- Ability to produce effective written and verbal communication across a global team.
- Experience in SW engineering, especially C/C++, debugging skills, and multi-threaded programming, Matlab and Simulink.
- Tracking theory knowledge such as in Kalman filters.
- Knowledge about automated driving.
- Team player and project-oriented.
- Extensive work ethic.
- Creative thinking.
- Familiarity with autonomous driving sensors such as Camera, Radar, Lidar and IMU/GPS
- Background in data/information-fusion, uncertainty-analysis, and the application of stochastic probability models, including Hidden Markov Models and Bayes’ Theorem
- Experience with Embedded SW Development environments