Site Reliability Engineer
- Job Title
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
As a Senior Software Engineer on our client's Site Reliability Engineering team, you will develop software and tools to empower product development teams to maintain software releases quickly and smoothly. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to engineer automated solutions in an effort to remove toil and enhance stability for a variety of infrastructure, with an emphasis on scalability. You will face challenges that require an engineering mindset and a desire to automate everything possible.
Skills you have….
- You have 5+ years of back end professional software development experience
- History of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- You are passionate about automation and reducing toil
- You are committed to quality and experienced with modern software testing practices
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
Even better if….
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling escalations
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You work well in charting new DevOps practices without a well defined roadmap
Why you should apply….
- Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
If you're coming up short in these areas, but think you could still knock it out of the park, convince us why!
Our client is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. They are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that their employees invest in their work represents not only part of their culture, but their reputation and achievements as well.