LEAPROS® MOBILE APP IS NOW NATIONAL!
and Job Search Tool
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Techonology & Engineering
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
Interim Cost Accountant
- Job Title
- Interim Cost Accountant
- Job ID
- Irvine, CA
- Other Location
LEAPROS™ Workforce Solutions strategically links employers and professionals through innovative workforce solutions and transformative technology that catalyze growth for impact. LEAPROS™ is a trusted workforce solutions partner, offering customized recruitment and interim staffing solutions, as well as innovative resources designed to empower employers and professionals to accomplish their hiring and career objectives. Operating on a national platform, our areas of concentration include finance and accounting, information technology and engineering, human resources and administration, sales and marketing, supply chain and operations. Whether you are a talented professional or a company looking for a talented professional, we welcome you to take a leap with us!
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: LEAPROS has partnered with an industry-leading Aerospace manufacturer in Orange County to identify a talented Cost Accountant for a long term (6 to 9 month) engagement.
POSITION TITLE: Interim Cost Accountant
POSITION SUMMARY: The Imterim Cost Accountant will be responsible for recording, verifying and consolidating transactions while ensuring the integrity of the accounting information.Reporting to the Controller, the Interim Cost Accountant ensures the accounting records are complete, accurate and is in accordance with generally accepted accounting
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop standard costs, Cycle counts – planning, auditing and reporting results
- Monitor the accuracy of all labor transactions
- PPV (Purchase Price Variance) and Scrap Reporting; Excess and Obsolescence
- Work Order Variance Reporting and Analysis
- Review/upload material costs and perform annual cost roll up and reporting
- Complete Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations related to perpetual inventory, PPV, WIP and Scrap
- Responsible for Month End Close duties such as journal entries related but not limited to receipts, cost change/amortization, stock accruals, WIP
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Must have a degree in Accounting or equivalent and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Manufacturing industry experience required, GL accounting with exposure to cost
- Aerospace is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to drive task to completion
- Strong Computer Skills-Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Tier One ERP experience a plus but not required
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
For consideration, please email resume to Tara Cormier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Local Candidates Only**
At LEAPROS™, we are committed to our core values and guiding ethical principles, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity. This commitment enhances our ability to conduct business with the highest level of integrity, solidifying our position as the most trusted workforce solutions partner. To learn more about LEAPROS™ or to speak with one of our recruitment partners, call 866-920-LEAP or visit our website at www.leapros.com.